After restoring your Mac from timemachine Mail keeps asking you to enter your password and will not connect to your mail.
In the terminal when you run the command ‘codesign -vvv /Applications/Mail.app’ you get the result
‘/Applications/Mail.app: code or signature modified’
1. Download and install pacifist.
2. Put in your OS X Snow Leopard DVD and open Pacifist.
3. Open ‘Contents of OSInstall.mpkg’ > ‘Contents of EssentialSystemSoftware’ > ‘Contents of Mail.pkg’
4. Click Install.
5. Follow through Pacifist warnings.
6. Open Mail and your email should be working.
If you run ‘codesign -vvv /Applications/Mail.app’
You should get:
/Applications/Mail.app: valid on disk
/Applications/Mail.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement