When opening a file in dreamweaver in OSX you get the following message:
“index.html is a locked files and can be viewed but not changed.”
1. To fix this open finder.
2. Right click on the file or folder.
3. Under sharing and permissions give everyone read and write access.
4. If its a folder click the cog and select ‘Apply to enclosed items’
Effects: Dreamweaver 8, Dreamweaver CS3, Dreamweaver CS4.
When I installed the Drupal Extension for Dreamweaver I got the following error:
“The document type “php” will not be added because it uses a file extension that is already associated with a prior document type”
This occurs because you have previously edited the document types file to include .module and .info.
1. Navigate to your dreamweaver folder (C:\program files\adobe\adobe dreamweaver cs4\ or c:\program files\macromedia\dreamweaver 8\)
2. Under configuration\DocumentTypes you should seee a file MMDocumentTypes.xml
3. Remove the entry where you have added .module to the PHP section of the file (do a search for module).
4. Save the file and relaunch Dreamweaver.